Visual Basic 6.0 Basic Signal Generator
Code Sample Download
Visual Basic 6.0
Basic Signal Generator
The example shows how to use the SigGen dll's COM interface in Microsoft Visual Basic V6.0 to:
- Boot the instruments
- Turn signal on and off
- Generate CW signal
- I and Q calibration
- Choose between internal or external frequency standard
- Set signal center frequency
- Set signal level
- Load an ARB file into the ARB memory *
- Play an ARB file in the ARB memory *
- Stop playing an ARB file *
- Close the instruments
It assumes that the following hardware and/or software has been installed successfully:
- Aeroflex 3010 RF Synthesizer PXI card
- Aeroflex 3020 Digital RF Signal Generator PXI card
- Aeroflex PXI Module Software (V5.0.0 or better) with the following options selected:
- PXI Module Drivers - 3010, 3020
- PXI Instrument Components - Signal Generator
It also assumes that:
- The 3010 LO output is connected to the 3020 LO input.
- * The 3020 requires option 100 enabled to permit playing the ARB file supplied in this example.
This example can be loaded into the Visual Studio development environment by loading the workspace:
Disclaimer of Warranty
This example code is provided 'as is' without warranty.
Neither Aeroflex nor the author(s) warrant that the functions of the software will meet your requirements or that the media is compatible with any computer system on which it is used or that operation of the software will be unlimited or error free. You assume responsibility for selecting the software to achieve your intended results and for the installation of, the use of and the results obtained from the software. In no event shall Aeroflex or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of installation of the software or incompatibility with any computer system or technical limitation of the software or use or inability to use the software, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Neither Aeroflex nor the author(s) will be liable for any loss or damage of any nature suffered by any party as a result of reliance upon or reproduction of or any errors in any contents of the software.